Author: Mei Mei Chu
Mei Mei writes to afford her wanderlust. Her (mis)adventures as a solo female backpacker have shown her the best and worst in mankind, and some of the funkiest toilets in the world. Read her honest travel stories at www.meimeichu.com.
- Hannah Gavios, 23, asked a local man for directions back to her hotel. The man had offered to walk her back but midway grabbed her and tried to take her clothes off.
- We spoke to Jaime Dempsey. the host of Ride N' Seek, about the joys and challenges of travelling on a bike and what it means for women.
- The New Zealand Halal Food Guide makes travelling easier for Muslim tourists.
- The Indian Tourism Minister's advice to women travellers has prompted wide criticism about the nation’s culture of victim blaming.
- Here are 8 women-friendly beaches in Thailand that are away from the sex scene and are both safe and friendly for women.
- Travel Fashion Girl gave us a new meaning of "travelling light" by going luggage free and packing one week's worth of summer vacation in one small carry on.
- The British backpacker was stabbed to death in her hostel by another guest.
- The fun musical 'MUD: Our Story Of Kuala Lumpur' is a feast for the eyes.
- We went to the Rainforest World Music Festival 2016 and saw that it is more than just a music festival.
- Insanely beautiful, that is.
- For the regular Malaysians, the George Town Festival is a chance to experience and learn about theatre, dance, art, photography, history, culture and more.
- Had a bad flight? Now you can tell TripAdvisor.