Author: Mei Mei Chu
Mei Mei writes to afford her wanderlust. Her (mis)adventures as a solo female backpacker have shown her the best and worst in mankind, and some of the funkiest toilets in the world. Read her honest travel stories at www.meimeichu.com.
- Ladies, your chariot has arrived.
- The Belgian crisis centre reported the threat level for Brussels at 4, indicating a serious and imminent threat while the rest of the country is at 3.
- The reality of possible terrorism at transportation hubs and tourist areas becomes more real following the suicide bombings in Brussels and Turkey.
- José María Coni and Marina Menegazzo were backpacking through Ecuador together in February when the tragedy struck.
- This old family holiday album of Kuala Lumpur in 1975 shows us how much, and how little Malaysia's capital city has changed.
- Travel Tales: A lone girl learnt a very important lesson in safety after a harrowing taxi ride in Jordan.
- You've heard of Amelia Earhart and Yuri Gagarin. What about Katherine Cheung and Liu Yang?
- Which of the following sounds like the most dangerous way to spend your next holiday?
- Maiden Voyage is conducting a free Women's Travel Safety webinar on making your travels safe, sociable and glamourous again.
- They say that it’s the people that make a place, but making new friends when travelling in a new city or country can often be difficult. The good thing is, in this digital age, there is an app for everything.
- The first time I told my mother I wanted to travel Sabah for two weeks on my own, she freaked out. She sat me down and recommended I go see a doctor...
- Many travellers share how travelling has taught them this and that, how they've become better at adapting to new environment, how they've learnt to...