Author: Shen Lee Ng
A world record holding powerlifter, Shen is passionate in encouraging women to be more in tune with their bodies and to regain their confidence through fitness. She currently works as a membership consultant, freelance writer and is in the works of launching her own startup before she embarks on the treacherous journey that is college.
- Selamat Hari Raya! Whether you’re a local preparing to brave the PLUS Highway, or a tourist looking to experience Malaysia in all its festive Eid splendour, you can survive the Raya rush.
- Around the world, Christmas can hold many different meanings and many different customs are practiced, some not even religious.
- As Muslims populate various corners of the world, it’s also interesting to see the variations in iftar meals from sweet milk pastries to festive food fairs.
- A treasure trove of marine delights, Tawau (which sits on the furthest opposite end from Kota Kinabalu) in Malaysia, is famous for its seafood.
- In a world where life whizzes past in a flurry, certain things remind us that everything can be stripped from us in an instant. Abandoned towns are one stark reminder.
- Solo travel – it’s an enticing lure away from the hustle and bustle of life, and a pathway to self-actualisation. However, not all life-changing experiences are positive ones.
- Anthony Bourdain traversed the globe but never did it within the confines of the usual. He went everywhere and broke bread with everyone. In light of Bourdain’s one-year death anniversary, this list traces a few of his footsteps in food.
- If you’re a lover of spice and often find yourself missing heat in a meal where there isn’t any, it’s safe to say you’re probably familiar with the numbing flame of China’s Sichuan cuisine. The iconic flavours which marry spice and pungency is certainly a mouthwatering affair.
- We explore some of the unique ways people drink coffee around the world. From using sand as a heat source to the addition of raw eggs, treat this list as your coffee bucket list!
- From sunrise to sunset, Ramadan sees Muslims fasting from food and water. Travel during this period can be eye-opening and ever so enriching.
- From unavoidable jetlag to keeping track of your travel expenses, innovative start-ups have taken into account every loose nut and bolt in the corporate travel experience.
- There are a million and one delicious treats to savour, many only available during the Lunar New Year!