Author: Aisha Preece
Aisha is a perpetual adventure stalker. She ditched her corporate job in the beginning of 2017, in search of a career that allowed her to work remotely, and hasn’t looked back since. She loves Mondays and has a deep lust for the outdoors. If you like to laugh at the absurd situations she gets into and also marvel at the exquisite views she discovers, follow her at her blog and on Instagram.
- This hostel is a backpacker’s paradise! Arcadia Backpackers is a wild and adventurous riverside waterpark hostel in the village of Snam Brampi. Perfect for a relaxing getaway with a twist.
- Kota Kinabalu is a rich and diverse city. I embarked on a trip here and heard rumours about the coveted edible bird’s nest in one of the caves. Determined to see these first hand, I set off to find them.
- I booked a solo trip to Phuket, Thailand when I was 22. I remember dancing to MC Hammer and having a great time, but as the night wore on, there was a sudden point at which I lost all control.
- If you’re planning a trip to Marrakesh, Morocco, escape the madness of their souks and do more. I tried various activities, but hiking through the majestic Atlas Mountains was my firm favourite.
- You may very well have friends who you get on with, but travelling with them can make or break a friendship. Here are five types of friends you should stay clear of when you travel:
- Travelling with your siblings seems like a no-brainer. Having said that, I’ve had some bust-ups with my siblings on the road. Here are some tips that’ll help you travel with your siblings better:
- Kyrgyzstan – a landlocked country in Central Asia known for its breath-taking scenery, raw and wild landscapes, and warm hospitality. It also offers natural beauty at reasonable prices.
- Travelling is exciting. Then, there’s travelling with parents. It's an experience that can quickly turn sour if you don't plan ahead. Here are five tips to help you travel with your parents.
- The Middle East has a mix of cultures and customs. As you explore this transcontinental region, it’s important to be aware of what can be perceived as offensive.
- One of the best things about travel is the people you meet along the way. However, there are a few people you meet while travelling who might ruin your trip.
- Did you know that it’s possible to motorbike from the north to the south of Vietnam in just one month? In just four weeks, you get to see all the Instagram-worthy attractions this beautiful country features. So how do you get started?
- Southeast Asia — an eclectic region of food markets, jungles, beaches, hot humid summers, and wild wet monsoon seasons. Many backpackers view travelling here a rite of passage. Avoid these mistakes if you plan to embark on this journey of a lifetime.