Author: Anis Ibrahim
Anis is happiest when she's out hiking or on a long train ride. She's always believed that everything will fall into place if you listen to your inner voice, strap on a backpack and put on a good pair of walking shoes. She also writes at www.fivefeetflat.net
- "I take trains for three reasons: the absence of hurriedness, the people, and the views."
- In order to take your time as you enjoy all that space, we suggest that you explore New Zealand by rail.
- Anis set out on foot to explore the Kuala Lumpur’s hippest joints and some of the city’s oldest restaurants in Medan Tuanku.
- It was the sound of flapping that woke me up that night. Wings, somewhere in the dark. It wasn’t anything large, for that would have been terrifying. It was a small insect, but the silence and the darkness amplified the sound of its wings.
- It was my second time in Beijing, and something had changed. The city was different. I don’t like it that much anymore, I thought. I’d done all the major sights, even done the Great Wall again but Beijing had done nothing for me this time around.
- Nothing gets my pulse racing faster than the sound of a train whistle. I may not know where the train is headed, but knowing that it’s nearby and about to leave soon for wherever gets me excited.