Fellow wanderlusters, you’ll be thrilled to hear about the latest game-changer in the world of travel convenience: the HSBC TravelOne Credit Card. Brace yourselves, because this little gem is about to revolutionise the way we globe-trot!
The card, in partnership with MasterCard, is a first for the industry because it enables cardholders to redeem their travel points with select top airlines and hotels using the HSBC mobile banking app, making your travel experience smoother than ever before.
In addition to the convenience of fast redemption, cardholders can also benefit from travel perks like free airport lounge access and travel insurance, as well as earn up to 8x reward points on certain purchases.
Let’s dive right into the perks of this shiny new card:
- Redeem your points for travel instantly at major airlines including Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia, Singapore Airlines, Etihad, Cathay Pacific, and more.
- Points can be moved instantly to Marriott Bonvoy, IHG One Rewards, and Wyndham, some of the best hotel loyalty programmes in the world.
- Access to seven Plaza Premium Airport Lounges (at KLIA, Singapore Changi Airport, and Hong Kong International Airport) is included for free six times per year for both the Primary and Supplementary Cardholders.
- Free travel insurance for up to USD250,000 (covering COVID-19, travel medical, and travel inconveniences like airline delays and baggage losses). You must sign up for a MasterCard account in order to use this perk.
- Flexible Instalment Plans that meet cardholders’ needs.
- As part of the bank’s dedication to diversity and inclusion, they’ve created a card with a notch that indicates which end must be inserted into card readers and ATMs.
The HSBC TravelOne Credit Card is offered to both new and current HSBC Malaysia clients and can be applied for at any of HSBC’s branches in the country (except for HSBC Amanah) or online.