In the mood for some arts and crafts? Or just looking to start gift shopping for the upcoming holiday season? Make a day of it and visit the Godown Artists Market that’s happening this weekend!
Happening this Saturday and Sunday (29 and 30 October 2022) at The Godown Arts Centre in KL, check out The Godown Artists Market (TGAM), where a wide range of local artists will be selling their handmade wares, plants, clothing, accessories, and other creative goods.
Visitors can enjoy browsing the items at the AiR building smack bang in KL’s bukit Nanas area that has food and drink stalls, workshops, and concerts, and is housed in a distinctive metal-panelled former gudang (warehouse). Hipsters and art aficionados looking for their next masterpiece to acquire, fashionable professionals, and families make up the crowd. So you know it’s going to be fun!
Some of the items that will be available at the market are:
- Art, prints, crafts, and merchandise by local artists
- Fashion items
- Home décor, plants, and gifts
- Coffee and pop-up F&B stalls
- Performances by local traditional artistes
- Workshops with an emphasis on art and crafting (like epoxy resin, mobile photography, and glow-in-the-dark painting)
Upcoming markets to mark your calendar!
- The Kuala Lumpur Art Book Festival (KLABF): 2 to 4 December from 12pm to 8pm
- TGAM Christmas Edition: 10 to 11 December from 3pm to 10pm
Check out Godown’s Instagram and Facebook for the latest information on upcoming events and vendors. Those interested to join the workshops at The Godown KL can register here.
The Godown Arts Centre
Address: Address: 7, 11 Lorong Ampang, off, Jln Bukit Nanas, 50250 Kuala Lumpur