Finally, some good news in Klang Valley. And just in time for the weekend too! Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob on Wednesday (8 September) announced that the whole Klang Valley — including Selangor, Kuala Lumpur (KL), and Putrajaya — will be entering Phase 2 of the National Recovery Plan (NRP) from today, 10 September, onwards.
This was announced after a special meeting of the National Security Council.
He also added that interdistrict travel between Selangor, KL, and Putrajaya will now be allowed. This means that there will no longer be any roadblocks starting from today and that the three area will be combined into “one infection zone.”
Now that we have moved into Phase 2 of the NRP, relaxations allowed will be the same as other Phase 2 states, as determined by the National Security Council (MKN). This includes:
– Interdistrict travel for fully vaccinated individuals.
– Interstate travel for long-distance married couples who are fully vaccinated.
– Interstate travel for fully vaccinated parents to meet their children below 18 years of age.
– Dine-in for fully vaccinated customers.
- Tourist activities within the state involving accommodation in hotels and homestays for the fully vaccinated.
- Entertainment activities, such as cinemas, will also be open to those who are fully vaccinated.
As of September 8, Selangor recorded 2,989 cases, showing a downwards trend of COVID-19 cases which was a “good sign” for the country and proved that vaccines do work. Currently, 97.8% of all adults in the Klang Valley eligible for vaccination have already received both doses.
With these areas moving into phase 2, only Johor and Kedah will be left in phase 1.