Author: Marni Zainodin
Marni's passion for sketching led her to join the Urban Sketchers Community (USK). Through this movement, she has been inspired to travel and draw places that appeal to her. Her favourite subjects range from buildings to food and cultural events. She sketches on postcards and posts them to herself as reminders of her memorable journeys and moments.
- it was always a dream of mine to do an art residency. After many months planning, studying, researching, and saving, I finally went for it.
- Snapshots: Marni went hiking in beautiful Nepal with 10 other fellow Malaysians and had the opportunity to sketch her journey.
- Snapshots: Illustrator Marni Zainodin shares her favourite memories of Indonesia's cultural sights through her vivid sketches.
- Snapshots: Marni Zainodin was in Bangkok to sketch the city with 300 other artists, this is the beauty that her pen and paint captured.
- Snapshots: Marni had the opportunity to visit Wae Rebo recently and found out first-hand what's so special about this village.
- Snapshots: “It looked scary to me but at the same time, I saw that it’s a representation of the person’s devotion to his faith.”