We’re looking for quality interns; interns who are passionate about travel, curious about online publishing, and hungry to learn.
Our editorial desk has a spot for someone who can write well and work independently. Zafigo is a small but lean outfit so any intern of ours is sure to be mentored, be treated as a regular staff and gets hands-on experience. You will be involved in the day-to-day editorial processes of Zafigo and if you put in the effort and initiative, you can make a big impact on the site’s growth.
- You will be involved in the editorial process including pitching ideas, research, identifying interviewees and coordinating interviews
- You will write and be published on Zafigo
- You will assist in managing our social media pages and be given a Facebook page to manage independently
- You will be a voice in inspiring and educating women to travel more, and travel safer
- Assist in other areas as and when needed. There won’t be any photocopying work but you might have to pick up our laundry…
- Students under a Journalism or Mass Communication programme would be the most ideal. However, we are open to accepting anyone who has the right attitude and skill set
- You must have strong writing skills. Experience in blogging, writing, or social media management is a plus
- A love for travel and an interest in issues surrounding women is a double plus
- Be available for a minimum of 2 months
- Send us your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to [email protected]
- Writing samples can be a blog, links to previously published articles, or attached as a document
- In a one-page document, briefly tell us what travelling means to you, what you think are the challenges women face that are different from men when they travel, and how you think we can help women travel better
Zafigo is based in Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Please state your date and duration of availability in your application. If you have any further questions, write to us and we’ll reply as soon as we can.
We looking forward to working with you.
The Zafigo Team